Skip to content
- What does "USDA" inspected mean?
- To legally sell meat products across state lines, each animal processed must be inspected by a registered USDA agent. There are several factors being utilized to ensure quality and standards set forward by the USDA are being met. Each package received will have information pertaining to the USDA inspection process stamped onto the packaging label.
- Are your beef products "dry aged"?
Dry aging is a process in which meat is hung and stored within a cooled control environment for a period of time. This process produces a more tender and flavorful meat. As meat undergoes this process, the naturally present enzymes within the meat will breakdown the tougher sections of meat and connective tissues. Our beef are dry aged for no less than 14 days. The tenderness and quality of meat after it has been aged will be significantly better than meat that is completely fresh.
- Where do your meat products come from?
- All of our meat products are sourced either from our own ranch or from neighboring ranches in our community. We are blessed to be surrounded by dozens of ranches, raising livestock on Ozark pastures. We only partner with ranchers who share our love of husbandry and employ humane practices for healthy, quality of life experiences for their livestock. We frequently visit and walk the fields where our products are sourced and are confident that we are providing the highest quality both in product and confidence.
- Does your meat contain hormones, antibiotics or GMO?
- The short answer is NO. These buzzwords have grown in popularity over the recent years and with good reason but there is also a certain level of misinformation that has evolved. The biggest issues are generated from "big ranch" feedlots. These environments are designed to take animals in mass, in confined areas, and pump them with items designed to fatten, increase size and ward off disease. This could be a combination of feed, chemicals and antibiotics designed to stave off disease due to confinement and highly infectious environments, as well as unnaturally creating size and body fat content. Our meat products are humanely raised on open pastures for the majority of their life, with only the last few months receiving locally sourced grain mixtures to produce the highest quality, most natural marbling possible without the use of "large scale" feedlot tactics. We also guarantee that our animals are antibiotic free. To be clear what this means (queue misinformation), it is only natural for an ethical rancher to care for their livestock and if situations require, an animal will be treated to cure an ailment. This is the humane action required to ensure each animal has the best possible quality life. The FDA has implemented guidelines that no animal will be processed for public consumption if there is antibiotic residue within the animal and has outlined the number of days (could be as much as 45 days) that must expire in order for the animal to be processed. To ensure that there is no possibility of antibiotic residue, we do not knowingly accept any animals who have been treated with an antibiotic and can ensure that they have not received any antibiotic treatment within 90 days prior to the processing date. Our animals have never been introduced to hormone, chemical or GMO products specifically designed to unnaturally enhance or alter the animals natural growth process.
- Why are meat delivery dates sometimes delayed or products not available?
- As you have read in other places on our website, we are not a "large scale" feedlot operation. Our goal has never been and will never be to provide mass product to a mass consumer base. We do not have large warehouses filled with products, sitting on shelves aging. Our animals are processed and shipped to ensure customers are getting the freshest, highest quality they can possibly get without going direct to a farm themselves. We will expand as needed to meet demand but our goal will be always to provide for our repeat and loyal customer base first and only expand to the point that we can ensure we are adhering to our mission statements and goals.
- Why can I not select individual meat cuts or custom packages?
- With our goals being to make all natural and high quality products and adhering to high ethical husbandry standards, it is very important to us that each animal is completely utilized. Any life matters. We work to ensure that each animal's life is respected and then each animal is being utilized completely. Our goal is minimize waste or misuse. Our packages are designed based on our own independent research as to what is most used or selected by consumers. Our base packages are building blocks and we then give ability to "add" based on individual tastes or needs. We will work to add or changes packages as needed but we will always work to ensure that each animal is being utilized to the fullest ability.
- Will you have other meat products besides beef?
- We will be adding bison, pork and potentially chicken into our product portfolio very soon. These will be limited quantity products and most likely presented much like beef being in base and "add on" packages. There will also be abilities to combine or add across all meat products. We will send communications alerting our customers when these developments are coming into our store.
- Why are your meat products not "Free Shipping"?
- First, let me state, "Free Shipping" is NOT FREE! Companies state Free Shipping but it is always conditional, meaning, if you do this then we will do that: spend X, join that, commit to this, etc. Because there is direct cost to ship, the cost of the shipping is accounted for in the total price or revenue potential gained. This means that companies are misleading their customers by making "Free Shipping" statements. Shipping 6-20lbs in medium to large packaging with delivery guaranteed within 2-3 business days is an expensive necessary cost. Each of our products are listed "shipping included" at the price point presented. We have done extensive work and research to find the most cost effective means of delivery to our customers at the same time ensuring that we are also providing the best practices to ensure deliveries are on time and as fresh as possible when received. We do not cut corners at the loss of quality but we do continue to search for the most cost savings possible for our customers.
- Why do some meat packages not show weight of individual cuts
- Each of our animals are processed at their peak age and weight to ensure fullness, tenderness, quality and flavor. As we see in nature, every animal is different, different in size, different in muscle tone, etc. We provide strict instructions to our processors that each animal is to be fully utilized and the cuts we receive are the full, natural and complete. This means that a specific cut from one animal may be slightly larger or smaller from the next animal. What we can guarantee is that each of our products represent a full, natural quality cut. While the individual weights may slightly vary, we always make sure that each order is filled to ensure that the totality of the order is providing great quality and value.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device